Sunday, October 14, 2007

Can I really make a living online Part 5

for the first 4 read previous Posts on this topic
Link exchanges
This post will be on the topic of link exchanges
Yes you do need and want them
There are 2 basic kinds
Link page example here
and a link directory example here
I like the link directory best myself, because it is more organized and laid out and looks better.
I have the pro version of that link directory,
there is a free version as well and it works well.
You can get all the information here
Make sure when you exchange links that you keep the theme of your site in the link exchange , meaning if you have a site about fishing you would not want to trade links with a online dating site. You would exchange links with a site about boats though.
Make sure you only trade links with sites that make sense with the theme of your site.
The more links you have pointing to your site the better off you will be in the long run.They will help you with traffic yes traffic as well as search engine rankings, but traffic yes traffic is the most important reason to trade links. I know most of people say its is for search engine rankings only but this is wrong. If you have a good link directory it can and should drive more traffic to your site than the search engines will. Yes I know what I just said goes against most of what you have read but it happens to be the truth.
A good link directory will take time to put together my large one took 18 months to get it where I wanted to and I still put about 1 hour per week on updating and checking links.
One of the reason I like my link directory program is that you can audit your link exchanges to make sure they are still linking to your site
Happy linking

No comments: